RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE CLUB 2020-21
- The Club and all members agree to be bound by and subject to the Rules and Disciplinary Code of the Lawn Tennis Association Limited (‘the LTA’) for so long as it is the governing body of the game of lawn tennis and also by the General Rules and Constitution of the Kent Count Lawn Tennis Association (‘Kent’), in so far as the same are relevant to the activity of the Club and including amendments hereafter
- All Directors once elected or appointed agree to be bound by and subject to Rules and Disciplinary Code of the LTA and the General Rules and Constitution of Kent.
- So far as is reasonably practicable all unlicensed and unregistered coaches along with any non members using the facility will be required as a condition of such use to agree to be bound by the Rules and Disciplinary Code of the LTA and the General Rules of the Constitution of Kent.
- All persons mentioned in the paragraphs 1 to 3 above shall accept that the Contract( Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 applies to the agreement between themselves and the Club and that the LTA and Kent may enforce any breach.
Club Play ( At present due to COVID all members must book via the link sent to them weekly for social sessions. This is very important for Track and Trace)
Team coaching from 7 15 – 8.15pm provided by the club.
Mens 1 and 2 and Ladies 1.
Team coaching 8 15– 9.15pm provided by club
Mens 3 and 4 and Ladies 2
(£3 for lights/balls, subsidised by club but run by coaching team)
Wednesday: Balls to be provided by members
All standards 7 9 pm
Friday: Balls to be provided by members
All standards 7 – 9 pm
The children’s competitions are from 5-7pm each Friday.
Sunday: Balls to be provided by members
All standards 2-4 pm .
NOTE: MATCHES ALWAYS TAKE PRECEDENCE.
Midweek members may only use the courts Monday – Friday until 5pm. Matches will take preference.
Members are expected to mix in during club play sessions.
Juniors playing at the club
The board of Directors of Shooters Hill Tennis club recommend that children under the age of 13 are supervised by their parent/carer whilst at the club. This is reflected in our court booking policy where a child must be 13 or over to book a court to play without a parent/carer. Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by their parent/carer outside of any venue sessions, such as coaching lessons or tennis camps.
Fees and charges
- All playing members must book a day member (guest) in through their booking. They pay the fee online. £5 for an adult or junior
- The day member (visitor) must not play more than 3 times a year. If they want to play more they must join. This must be done to ensure the day member is covered for insurance purposes by the club and also track and trace during COVID.
- Match fees are charged at £3 per player per fixture for seniors and £2 for juniors. The Team Captain is responsible for the collection of the match fees, which must be paid to the Treasurer.
- Floodlights: Each player must pay £1 per club session. Separate arrangements to apply for coaching sessions.
- Appropriate tennis clothing and footwear (non-marking soles) must be worn on court. At no time must people
play without a shirt.
- No foul/abusive language may be used whilst playing in accordance with the Etiquette of Tennis.
- No food, particularly chewing gum to be taken on court.
- No glasses or glass bottles to be taken on court at any time.
- Members to remove any rubbish from court and place in the bin(s) provided. Please remember that failure to do so
means someone else has to do it!
Club House & Grounds (At present 15.8.20 the club house remains shut and can only be used in medical emergencies and to put money in for lights. Only one person at a time in the club house))
- Keys are issued with full adult membership. Replacement keys will cost £5 each.
- The club regrets that it cannot be held responsible for any personal belongings left in the clubhouse or its
- The last member to leave the clubhouse must switch off all the lights and heaters and ensure the Club House
is locked. Members are also responsible for not leaving dirty cups and plates. Please wash them up!
- Members to ensure all rubbish is placed in the bin(s) provided
- With no paid officers of the club, ALL members are expected to help with the general maintenance and
cleanliness of the club. Working parties for maintenance are occasionally required and ALL members
are expected to participate.
- Smoking or vaping is not allowed on the club premise.
It is the responsibility of all members to ensure they are fit and healthy enough to play tennis. If the Directors raise any concerns, then a member may be required to produce a doctor’s letter to clarify the situation.