RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE CLUB 2023-24
- The Club and all members agree to be bound by and subject to the Rules and Disciplinary Code of the Lawn Tennis Association Limited (‘the LTA’) for so long as it is the governing body of the game of lawn tennis and also by the General Rules and Constitution of the Kent Count Lawn Tennis Association (‘Kent’), in so far as the same are relevant to the activity of the Club and including amendments hereafter
- All Directors once elected or appointed agree to be bound by and subject to Rules and Disciplinary Code of the LTA and the General Rules and Constitution of Kent.
- So far as is reasonably practicable all unlicensed and unregistered coaches along with any non members using the facility will be required as a condition of such use to agree to be bound by the Rules and Disciplinary Code of the LTA and the General Rules of the Constitution of Kent.
- All persons mentioned in the paragraphs 1 to 3 above shall accept that the Contract( Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 applies to the agreement between themselves and the Club and that the LTA and Kent may enforce any breach.
Team coaching provided by the club invitation only. Members must not book unless they have received an invitation. There are 2 sessions which alternate times termly. Either 7.15 to 8.15 pm or 8.15 to 9.15 pm
One session for Men’s 1 and 2 and Ladies 1.
One session for all other team members Men’s 3 and below, Ladies 2 and all vets team players
(£4 for balls and lights. Sessions subsidised by the club but run by coaching team)The timings of this will alternate half termly. See the head coach invite
All standards 7 – 9.30pm (members now book through a link sent to them)
Friday: All standards 7- 9.30pm (members now book through a link sent to them)
Sunday: All standards 2-4pm. (members now book through a link sent to them)
An American Tournament for all members will be held on the last Sunday of every month 2-4pm. The cost will be £2 and a link will be sent so members can book. Please check website Please do not turn up on the afternoon unannounced. Some months Americans cannot take place due matches/internal competitions. Please check the website and weekly updates
Other social sessions are run in the summer. Tuesday am and Sunday am. Members will be sent links to book.
Club play rules
All evening play must finish by 9.30pm if lights are used. Please remember to leave the club quietly and respect the neighbours. Please check the club house is locked if you are last one at the club.
Doubles to be played at all times unless not enough members present.
Singles can only be played if everyone present is included.
ALL members are to mix in following the club etiquette.
Matches are to be a short set with the first to 4 games ( if 3-3 then to play a tie break)Club balls provided for social with a small charge for the American so new balls can be used
NOTE: CLUB TEAM MATCHES ALWAYS TAKE PRECEDENCE.
Members are expected to mix in during club play sessions.
Please would all members leave the club quietly and think of our neighbours.
Juniors playing at the club
The board of Directors of Shooters Hill Tennis club recommend that children under the age of 13 are supervised by their parent/carer whilst at the club. This is reflected in our court booking policy where a child must be 13 or over to book a court to play without a parent/carer. Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by their parent/carer outside of any venue sessions, such as coaching lessons or tennis camps.
Fees and charges
- All playing members must book a day member (guest) in through their booking. They pay the fee online. This cost is £5
- The day member (visitor) must not play more than 3 times a year. If they want to play more they must join. This must be done to ensure the day member is covered for insurance purposes.
- Match fees are charged at £3 per player per fixture for seniors and £2 for juniors. The Team Captain is responsible for the collection of the match fees, which must be paid to the Treasurer.
- Floodlights: Each player must pay £2 per club session. Separate arrangements to apply for coaching sessions.
- Appropriate tennis clothing and footwear (non-marking soles) must be worn on court. At no time must people
play without a shirt.
- No foul/abusive language may be used whilst playing in accordance with the Etiquette of Tennis.
- No food, particularly chewing gum to be taken on court.
- No glasses or glass bottles to be taken on court at any time.
- Members to remove any rubbish from court and place in the bin(s) provided. Please remember that failure to do so means someone else has to do it.
Club House & Grounds
- Keys are issued with full adult membership. Replacement keys will cost £5 each.
- The club regrets that it cannot be held responsible for any personal belongings left in the clubhouse or its
- The last member to leave the club (courts or club house) must switch off all the lights and heaters and ensure the Club House is locked. Members are also responsible for not leaving dirty cups and plates. Please wash them up!
- Members to ensure all rubbish is placed in the bin(s) provided
- With no paid officers of the club, ALL members are expected to help with the general maintenance and
cleanliness of the club. Working parties for maintenance are occasionally required and ALL members
are expected to participate.
- Smoking or vaping is not allowed on the club premise.
- No dogs in the club house and they must be on a lead in the club grounds
It is the responsibility of all members to ensure they are fit and healthy enough to play tennis. If the Directors raise any concerns, then a member may be required to produce a doctor’s letter to clarify the situation.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AND COURTEOUS AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE CLUB FACILITIES
If any member fails to comply with these rules and Regulations, the Directors have the right to terminate their membership at any time following the correct disciplinary procedure