SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY ( For review Nov 2023)
Shooters Hill LTC recognises that the use of social media and networking sites is a growing phenomenon and is increasingly used as a communication tool. With the development of our own Facebook page and everyday use of social media messaging and group platforms such as WhatsApp, it has highlighted that whilst these technologies provide exciting opportunities to communicate together, they are accompanied by dangers and negative consequences, if abused by users.
This policy will set down guidelines for acceptable use, not only for our own Facebook page, but all on-line social networking communications as they relate to Shooters Hill LTC
This policy includes (but is not limited to) the technologies listed below: –
• Personal blogs
• Personal Web sites
The following rules must be adhered to by all users:-
1. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
2. You will not post any photographs, videos or make comments that may be hurtful, untrue and upsetting or may be used by other people in a way you did not intend or want.
3. You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
4. You will not post any information that contains alcohol related or other mature content (including advertisements)
Protecting Other People’s Rights
1. We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
2. You will not write any derogatory or offensive comments in relation to Shooters Hill LTC or any other Tennis Club.
3. You will not post comments criticising or verbally abusing players, coaches, officials or members of Shooters Hill LTC or any other Tennis Club.
4. You may post photographs on the Shooters Hill LTC Facebook page (or other social media platform linked to the club), but must adhere to the Club policy on use of images of Children and Young People.
5. You will not post content or take any action on Shooters Hill LTC Facebook or any other social media platform that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
MANAGEMENT OF SHLTC FACEBOOK PAGE
To ensure that the site is used in good spirit and to the benefit of the Club, Shooters Hill LTC Facebook page will be managed and monitored by members of the Board of Directors who will delegate to members of the Board with specific responsibility.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS
As a user of a social networking site, whether you are a child or an adult, you may at some time have a concern about what you are seeing or being told about by another user.
The nature of these concerns may vary but should these concerns be connected to Shooters Hill LTC, then please contact the following Board members:
Jo Thomas (Welfare & Protection Officer)
John Ratcliffe Chair (SHLTC)
Ricardo Pinheiro Facebook Administrator